Thursday 4 February 2010

A4e Gateway Course, Day 4, Job descriptions

This morning we are being tested on our ability to identify 'confusing' words or phrases on job adverts. Guess there wasn't any point to that literacy test then. The first one, seriously, is 'application form'. Come on!! When is the tv presenter going to come out and tell me this is all a joke?

Next, our group looks at fake job descriptions and identify what qualities it is asking for in applicants, and what are hidden qualities. We then write our own job ad. I am not convinced that this is a skill I am in need of as I am not an employer, I am a jobseeker.

In a useful end to the morning, the all important general knowledge quiz!!

Finally, our afternoon is spent on computers, doing my same jobsearch as I would at home.
4 wasted days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment