Friday 12 February 2010

A4e Gateway Course, Day 10

I don't really know what this day was for. Filled in 2 forms about my experience and then waited until 1pm for it to be over. Most of the day was used productively by people throwing paper aeroplanes at each other.

So my gateway course is over, and they almost convinced me I really was stupid with all their degrading, patronising efforts. But then I remembered I was being taught to write CVs and letters by someone with no teaching qualifications who gave incorrect advice about spelling and good use of english.

I have now been issued with a recommendation to complete a 13 week IAP course to continue my jobsearch, whatever that means. I assume it means I'm still to be treated like a child who could not possibly be trusted to look for a job without being watched. I actually can, and I think my A4e 'trainer' would agree as I was left to my own devices pretty much the whole time I was there. I'm glad someone had some sense, it's just a shame the jobcentre are so lacking in it.

Looking forward to next weeks meeting with the New Deal 'Advisor'. Already raising my hackles with their ridiculous courtesy call to remind me to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment