Friday 16 April 2010

A4e 13 week IAP Induction week. Day 5

Today I join my new class. Firstly, we are told that this experience is supposed to be like a job so we can practice the hard task of being on time (Not really comparable as everyone would be much more likely to be punctual for their job as they might care about that). It is apparently not designed to degrade you and treat you like a child. Then we have to sign some guidelines because yesterdays class was naughty......hmmm. One of the guidelines tells me I must inform a member of staff if I wish to go to the toilet. Yes, this must be what it's like to be treated as an equal.

Next, the people who were in yesterday are presenting their equal opportunities scenarios (which are the exact ones we did during the gateway course). I am surprised to find that the requirement mentioned earlier in the week about continued equal opportunities lessons is really just a repeat of the same material.

Later in my meeting with my new tutor, I am shocked to discover that in fact the 12 week program is actually a 4 week program which is repeated. I am astonished to learn that someone has actually approved funding for such an obviously flawed system. This is a complete rip off of the government (well, tax payer) surely.

And of course, as always, an A4e employee proves their weakness in numeracy, by working out my age from my date of birth and being 8 years out!

2 comments:

  1. please miss,i wanna go wee.. can i go wee miss.. please miss.. dont worry miss.. can i have a mop miss..

    welcometo the world of a4ehell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So help me God, I'm so desperate for a job I've applied to work for A4e.

    ReplyDelete