Tuesday 6 April 2010

Last New Deal Advisor Day

No escape from being bullied into undertaking A4e 'course' 2 weeks earlier than necessary. I guess you need to feel like you have some (unearned) power as a new deal advisor. For some unfathomable reason, I have to complete one weeks induction in one centre before moving to my local one. Apparently it is impossible to miss this part as 'otherwise people wouldn't know what's expected of them and how much time off they're allowed'. I cannot understand how this can possibly warrant a 32 hours of my time. I am also seriously confused as to how my local centre can be expected to run a course if they are not even capable of the difficult task of telling me how much time I'm allowed off. Maybe they themselves don't know how they're supposed to be 'helping' me.

Oh well, given the intimidating nature of the centre I have to attend for my induction, perhaps it's part of a bigger plan to weed out the weak and intimidate them off new deal. Unemployment has to go down somehow after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am soEqual opportunities my arse. I have been waiting since 14th January 2010 for large print documents. A4E Manager said to me that they don't have to provide me with anything

    ReplyDelete