Monday 12 April 2010

A4e 13 week IAP Induction week. Day 1

From Monday to Thursday I am doing my induction for my 13 week IAP course at A4e at a nearish centre as my local one doesn't have the resources to do that part of it, apparently. They aren't able to tell me terms and conditions it seems. Maybe they don't know them?

I am lucky to be in a fairly small group. I am not sure how the usual group which is 3 times bigger even fits in the classroom. It's only April, yet the room is far too hot and most of the windows don't open.

Now that DWP are apparently in charge of data protection, we now have to only put a first initial and surname on our folders. Not quite sure about the reasoning behind this. Next I have the tour of the building. I am told you need a code for the doorpad to use the toilet, apparently I have to work it out for myself though. Not like the computer passwords, which for extra safety are written on the computers.

The first day consists of filling in a 'venture' booklet where you apparently list goals or something. Also, being read terms and conditions. Only half an hour before hometime does the old standby of doing a quiz to fill in time finally occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment