Friday 29 January 2010

Interview!

An invitation to an interview on Monday!! From a jobcentre application form too. This is rather suspicious, I have applied for many admin jobs without being strong-armed into it by the jobcentre, and have never had any success before. First job is to ring my course and tell them I will be late on Monday. This is made more difficult by the bungling jobcentre giving me the wrong phone number. Starting to find their ineptitude quite amusing.

Next, preparing for interview. First port of call, the company's website. Now alarm bells are ringing, they seem to mainly run projects for young people (i.e. under 25) and arrange work placements for young people. Has my New Deal Bully actually made me apply for a work placement rather than a job? Would she not have told me? Would she not have noticed that my being on New Deal 25+ indicates, somewhat obviously, that I am over 25? Could really do with that job description now. I will assume, despite mounting evidence to the contrary, that she is not so useless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Good blog! The more the public can get to know the real extent of govt waste....no fraud an corruption, the better!

    The above is similar to my experience of New Deal and A4e a few years ago, here in Leeds. My ND advisor would not or could not even tell me what A4e did. All she said was "they do courses". When I enquired as to what sort of courses, her reply was "it's nmot my job to tell you as A4e get a £50 induction fee for telling people what they did".

    I soon found out that A4e had no courses to offer.

    ReplyDelete